Do you have a bundle of old silk scarves lying around in the cupboard? Do every time you open the cupboard a bundle of scarves falls on your head. Perhaps the scarves are too dear or have certain memories attached which makes it difficult for you to part from. You really aren’t too keen to give them away either. So what do u do? Let them lie around. Well no! You could put your old silk scarves to perfect use. Read on for some great ideas for reusing old silk scarves.
- An old silk scarf can be turned into a head band. It not only looks trendy but adds a dash of color to any dull or ordinary outfit.
- If the silk scarf you have is a tad bit longer it can also be used to cover your bare shoulders on a particularly cold evening. Pair it off with a subtle black cock tail dress and you are ready to enjoy an evening of wining and dining, looking all classy and sophisticated.
- Scarves can also be used for decoration purposes. Cut small square shaped pieces of old silk scarfs and glue them onto small plastic boards to double as coaster plates for a party. The vivid colors of the scarf can add a festive touch to your table decorations.
- If you the artsy type you can even frame pieces of scarfs and use them to be mounted up on the wall for a classy yet elegant look. It’s a cheap and easy way to add some character to your walls. You just need to make sure that you cut the right size and have them mounted in complimenting frames.
- Scarves can also be sewn onto ordinary skirts for a layered and bohemian effect. Are you looking to add some color to an average looking piece of clothing, just sew on the scarf in a way that it creates layers?
- Got curly hair? Do you wake up in the morning with your hair looking like a bird’s nest? Don’t worry. Get that old silk scarf out and tie it around your head before going to sleep. When you wake up in the morning, your hair is tangle free and looks great.
- Scarves can also be used to make table runners. Just sew or glue the scarf on any ordinary looking runner and you have a stylish piece of running for your dining table.
- Scarves can be turned into pillow cases as well. If you have small cushions lying about, just se scarves into covers and place them on the cushion. It will add an instant zing and make your living room looking inviting and aesthetically appealing.
Actually there is so much you could do with a silk scarf. It’s one trendy piece of accessory which never goes out of style. You could use it on the handle of our hand bag, tie it around your write or simply cover your hair with it, Greta Garbo style!